Back in July, only a day after getting home from my second (unexpected) hospitalization this summer, we were hosting my daughter Jenni's 30th birthday party at our house. I had planned to make some birthday favors for her party during the week before. Since I was in the hospital all week, I only had a very little bit of time to make these - especially since I could only sit up for a short while. So they had to be very quick and easy favors - even with a bit of help from my very "uncrafty" mom and daughters.
I had bought some black "50 sucks" lollipops for my husband's 50th birthday last year and decided to take that idea and make my own version for Jen's party. Just two punches, some crimping on one and punching a hole in the center of each punch was all it took to dress up some Tootsie Roll Pops and make a cute centerpiece. The little medallion was made with My Digital Studio.
My second project was a little treat bag for everyone to take with them when they left. I used the adorable It's a Wrap Occasions stamp set to stamp "happy cake day" on 1" x 2-3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock. Then I just wrapped the pieces around Hershey Nuggets. So simple!
Here is a picture I took at the party:
30 SUCKS CENTERPIECE SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – It's a Wrap Occasions (W#123590 $27.95, C#123592 $19.95)
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Basic Black, Brights Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack (#117155, $21.95)
- Ink – Melon Mambo
- Punches – Blossom (#125603, $16.95), Fancy Flower (#118073, $16.95)
- Tools – Paper Crimper, Crop-A-Dile
- Misc. – Nuggets, Lollipops & Tootsie Rolls, Organza Gift Bag