The Joy Fold card is one of the simplest Fancy Folds and one of my favorites. It is basically a mini card folded inside a larger card. The larger piece is cut to 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" and scored at 5-1/2". The mini card is cut to 3" x 8" and scored at 4". You simply adhere the back of your mini card to the back inside of the larger card as shown in the inside picture above.
I used Shimmer Mist on the Mini Card and let it dry before embossing it. I have posted the recipe for the Shimmer Mist before, but have included it again at the end of the post. I embossed the back wall of the main card and the gold layer with the Snow Burst Embossing Folder. Yes, I know it has been my go-to embossing folder for Christmas cards this year, but it's a new toy... and it's so pretty! :)
The inside star image is stamped in Concord Crush, but I stamped off once before stamping it on the card. Then just emboss all your other images with VersaMark and Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. Oh, and I needed a little more bling, of course, so I added a Rhinestone Jewel to the star. Who couldn't use more bling?
Here is an alternate version I made when I was trying to decide between making it in silver or gold. Which one do you like better?
COME LET US ADORE HIM SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Come to Bethlehem (W#118732 $19.95, C#120591 $14.95), The Sounding Joy (W#121967 $24.95, C#121979 $18.95)
- Card Stock – Concord Crush, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
- Ink – Concord Crush Classic, VersaMark
- Accessories – Basic Rhinestones Jewels (#119246, $4.95), Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129, $4.75), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806, $5.95)
- Tools – Heat Tool, Big Shot, Snow Burst Embossing Folder (#124096, $7.95)
SHIMMER MIST RECIPE:
- Take a Mini-Mister (sold in packs of three at craft stores). Remove spray head and straw of mini mister and set aside.
- Fill the Mini Mister with 70% rubbing alcohol to 1/4” below the screw-threads of the bottle.
- SHAKE Shimmer Paint vigorously until it is WELL mixed.
- Carefully remove the lid of the shimmer paint and pour a bit of it into the mini mister. Not too much, I would say about 1/8 tsp. If you desire more shimmer, you can always add more.
- Insert spray nozzle into the Mini Mister, make sure it is on tightly with the cap.
- Replace lid on shimmer paint, and set aside
- Shake the filled mini mister vigorously to ensure it is well mixed.
- Place your cardstock in a Color Catcher and spray with the mist.
- The paper will curl up, but will relax and flatten when dry. It if is still warped, just put it under a heavy book for a while.
- Store the mini mister in a vertical position.
- The paint will settle/separate from the rubbing alcohol after a while, so be sure to shake well before using again.