I really miss the Halloween Hoot stamp set that retired earlier this year. I loved to perch the little wizard frog on the edge of the cauldron. So I decided to use it as my inspiration for this card. But, this little frog wizard has gotten INTO the witches brew! Hope he can conjure up some help with that wand to get himself out of the cauldron! :o)
I brought several other techniques into my card beside the punch art. I used a tone on tone version of the Faux Letterpress Technique to create subtle depth on the background. I then sprayed White Shimmer Mist over the embossed background. The eyes were punched from Basic Black and then I applied Crystal Effects to the punch piece and let it "mound" up. When it dries, the eyes then have that glassy, realistic looks that frogs have. Also, I unraveled the Hemp Twine to give the broom strands a curlier, more rustic look.
The potion bubbles are punched from the new Silver Glimmer Paper in the Holiday Mini Catalog. Did you know you could color our beautiful Silver Glimmer Paper? Although the shade will be more subtle, it takes color beautifully. The quickest and easiest way is to sponge it with Sponge Daubers. I sponged Lucky Limeade on the Silver Glimmer Paper. See before and after photo below. However, you can also use your Aquapainter to watercolor it or use the ink pad directly (some glitter will transfer to your pad) or color it with a marker. It's gorgeous all on it's own, but now you can have Glimmer Paper in LOTS of different colors! This paper is a definite MUST-HAVE! Try out a sample of it in my Holiday Mini Accessories Share!
No punch art directions for this card as it is one of the projects from my upcoming Spooky Stamp Camp on Saturday. When Jenni gets a chance to finish her card, I will post it as well. Enjoy!
FROG WIZARD IN THE WITCHES BREW SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Pennant Parade (W#122740 $21.95, C#122742 $16.95)
- Card Stock – Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black, Old Olive Textured, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Silver Glimmer Paper
- Ink – Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Old Olive Classic, Whisper White Craft, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
- Ribbon – Hemp Twine (#100982, $2.95)
- Punches – Two-Step Owl (#118074, $16.95), 3/4" Circle (#119873, $10.95), 1/2" Circle (#119869, $5.95), Heart to Heart (#119881, $16.95), Large Oval (#119855, $15.95), Small Oval (#120908, $10.95),Word Window (#119857, $15.95), Boho Blossoms (#119858, $16.95), Petite Pennants Builder (#122361, $16.95)
- Accessories – Frost White Shimmer Paint in White Shimmer Mist (#116854, $5.95) and 70% alcohol, Crystal Effects (#101055, $6.25), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430, $3.95), Sticky Strip, Small piece of cotton ball, twig
- Tools – Big Shot, 3-1/2" Circle Die (#121811, $17.95), Spider Web Embossing Folder (#120889, $7.95), Crop-A-Dile (#108362, $29.95), Sponge Daubers