Today's card was designed by Jenni. She is queen of the CAS cards! She made a dozen of these to hand out to her customers at Starbucks where she is a manager. She is quite enamored with the new Pool Party In-Color and Two-Step Stampin', so she really wanted to use that color and the Awash with Flowers stamp set, but otherwise keep it simple. Isn't it adorable?
This card was actually one of her "mistake" cards. I wanted to show this one, to show you that there are not mistakes--only room for embellishment! She stamped the thanks sentiment directly on the white card front under the flower for all the cards. On this one, the sentiment was crooked. So, she restamped it on scrap paper and punched it out and put in on dimensionals over the crooked one. And it I hadn't told you, you would never know it was a "mistake"! :o)
SIMPLY AWASH WITH POOL PARTY SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Awash with Flowers (W#117062 $39.95, C#120549 $27.95), Fabulous Phrases (W#117002 $37.95, C#120501 $26.95)
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Pool Party
- Ink – Basic Black, Pool Party Classic
- Punches – Scallop Edge Border (#119882, $15.95), Small Oval
- (#120908, $10.95)
- Tools – Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (#117335, $7.95), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430, $3.95)
Another great aspect of 3x3 cards is that when using 12x12 card stock, you can get eight card bases from one sheet! Here is a FREE cutting guide tutorial for you to follow to get the most out of your card stock:
HOW TO CUT 12x12 CARD STOCK FOR 3x3 CARD BASES:
1. Cut your 12x12 card stock in half (6").
2. With your card stock in the landscape position, cut one of the halves into four 3" strips (3" x 6" pieces). Repeat with the other half. You will now have eight 3"x 6" pieces of card stock.
3. With your 3" x 6" card stock in the landscape position, score at 3". Fold on the scored lines. You now have eight 3x3 card bases.