I chose to do a simple Nugget Box. I love our Matchbox Die for holding 4 nuggets, but sometimes you want a box that holds more nuggets. This box can be easily adjusted to fit any number of nuggets you like from four to ten, although I don't like to make them bigger than this without using a double layer of card stock. No matter what size box you make, you will always be scoring at 3/4" and 1-1/2" all the way around your card stock. You just use a different length card stock based on the bottom of the box (how many nuggets desired). Tomorrow, I will show you a simple Six Piece Nugget Box and give you the beginning card stock dimensions for all four sizes. Enjoy!
SANTA'S BELLY NUGGET BOX SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – It's a Wrap Holiday (W#122770 $27.95, C#122772 $19.95)
- Card Stock – Real Red Textured, Basic Black Textured, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
- Ink – Real Red, Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Marker
- Punches – Scallop Edge Border (#119882, $15.95), Curly Label (#119851, $16.95), 1" Square (#124094, $15.95), Large Tag (#119876, $15.95)
- Accessories – Sticky Strip, Velcro Dot
- Tools – Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334, $29.95), Crop-A-Dile (#108362, $29.95)
EIGHT NUGGET BOX DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut card stock for box bottom at 5-3/4" x 7".
2. In the landscape position, score your card stock at 3/4", 1-1/2", 5-1/2" and 6-1/4".
3. With your card stock in the portrait position, score your card at 3/4", 1-1/2", 4-1/4" and 5". If you prefer, you can simply score at 3/4" and 1-1/2" all the way around the card stock.
4. Cut off the three squares in each corner indicated by the red X's on the template above.
5. Cut on the scored line as shown in red in the template above.
6. Apply Sticky Strip to the INSIDE of all four long tabs.
7. Turn the card stock over and apply Sticky Strip to the OUTSIDE of all four small tabs. Be sure to use your bone folder to burnish down the Sticky Strip.
8. Fold all score lines crisply with your bone folder.
9. Remove the Sticky Strip liner from two of the small tabs (on the same side). Fold the small tabs in and adhere the long side to the small tabs. Repeat on the opposite side.
10. Remove the Sticky Strip liner from each of the long side tabs. Fold over the long tabs to the inside of box covering the small tabs.
11. Remove the Sticky Strip liner from each of the short side tabs. Fold over the short side tabs to the inside of the box. Use a bone folder to get the card stock smoothly into the corners.
1. Cut card stock to 4-1/4" x 8-3/8".
2. With card stock in the landscape position, score at 2", 2-3/4", 5-5/8" and 6-3/8".
3. Apply Sticky Strip to the OUTSIDE/RIGHT side of one short end of the card stock and the INSIDE/WRONG side of the other short end.
4. Fold the card stock around the Box Bottom.
5. Remove the Sticky Strip liner and adhere with the end with the Sticky Strip on the WRONG side of the card stock on the top.
I didn't include photos, as I am planning to make a video for the Nugget Box and post it next week.