Since I had a lot of pecans to make, I wanted to make a quick and easy treat bag for them. I decided to use one of the samples in the Holiday Catalog that had a natural feel. I thought it went perfectly with the pecan treat, but I just needed to tweak it a bit. With the new foam style ink pads, you can usually emboss with them if you move quickly (if your ink pad is dry, just add some more ink). So I heat embossed the stamp image with Iridescent Ice and added Gold Glitz Dazzling Details to layer on the *sparkle*!
Stamping over the creases on the bag can be a bit spotty. Just go ahead and emboss the image as stamped. Then go back and draw in the skipped portions with a brush marker and IMMEDIATELY sprinkle with the embossing powder as soon as you complete a section. It worked perfectly!
PEACE ON EARTH PECAN CAFE BAG SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Nature's Peace (W#135116 $24.95, C#135119 $17.95)
- Ink – Early Espresso
- Ribbon – Natural & Old Olive Two-Tone Trim (#135837, $4.95)
- Accessories – Petite Cafe Bags (#135826, $5.95), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#101930, $4.95), Gold Glitz Dazzling Details (#133755, $2.50)
- Tools – Heat Tool
CINNAMON SUGAR GLAZED PECANS RECIPE
- 2 egg whites
- 2 lbs. pecans
- 2 C sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS cinnamon
2. In second bowl, mix the salt, cinnamon and sugar together. Slowly pour the mixture over the pecans and mix until the pecans are evenly coated with the sugar mixture.
3. Place pecans on a lightly buttered (or use a silicone mat) jelly roll pan at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes (try to separate nuts when stirring). Be sure not to overcook. When out of the oven, separate the nuts as best as you can and allow to cool. These make great gifts and are SOOOOO good! Enjoy!!!
LOYALTY REWARDS - When you purchase $50 or more, you qualify for my Loyalty Rewards program! This Frequent Stamper program is my way of saying "thank you" to my returning customers in appreciation of their business and is in addition to other Stampin' Rewards. Earn FREE stamps with MarieStamps.com!