I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch for the base under the purse handle for added strength and a lacy touch. Most of the brads I used are retiring on May 31. They are available while supplies last only and many of them are on sale!
The cutting pattern for the purse is tipped at an angle on the die. That is not a problem when cutting solid colored card stock. However, when using Designer Series Papers with patterns that are not random, if you place the DSP straight on the die, your purse pattern will look crooked once it is assembled.
How can you cut the paper so that the pattern will be straight?
Try this tip for placing DSP on the die, so that your purse pattern will be straight. Be sure to bookmark this post, so that you can use it once you can order these dies again on June 1.
- Place a strip of masking tape on your die that is parallel with the straight part of the bottom of of the die cut and about 1/2" away from it. This will allow the paper to completely cover the cutting area of the die. Use a ruler to be sure it is perfectly aligned. Please note: I allow for a very narrow margin in covering the cutting area on my die. The measurements given are a bit more than you see on my die. You may be more comfortable with an even more generous allowance.
- Place another strip of masking tape perpendicular to the purse bottom. I used a square to determine the angle. Be sure to allow for enough space that the paper will completely cover the cutting area.
- You can place another strip of masking tape on the left side perpendicular to the purse bottom, if desired. After you have placed all masking tape, you can trim the outside edges until even with the edge of the foam as I did.
- Cut a piece of DSP to 5-3/4" x 8". Place the DSP so that it just meets up with the bottom and right pieces of masking tape and cut.
GARDEN PARTY PETITE PURSES SUPPLIES:
- Card Stock – Melon Mambo, Pumplin Pie, Paisley Petals DSP, Flirtatious Specialty DSP (retiring)
- Accessories – Clear Rhinestone Brads (#113144, $8.21 on sale-retiring), Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads (#109111, $8.21 on sale-retiring), Flower Designer Brads (#112579, $5.95 retiring), Filigree Designer Brads (#112577, $3.57 on sale-retiring), Neutrals 5/8" Brads (#112533, $4.17 on sale-retiring), Basic Pearl Jewels (#119247, $4.95), Large Pearl Basic Jewels (#125577, $4.95)
- Punches – Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (#119275, $15.95)
- Tools – Big Shot, Petite Purse Die (#125606 , $32.95 beginning June 1)
LOYALTY REWARDS - When you purchase $50 or more, you qualify for my Loyalty Rewards program! This Frequent Stamper program is my way of saying "thank you" to my returning customers in appreciation of their business and is in addition to other Stampin' Rewards. Earn FREE stamps with MarieStamps.com!