This is what you see when you open the card up. Of course, I had to include a little punch art with this wise little owl in his cap & gown! To pump up his eyes, I added Crystal Effects to the black circles.
Here is a picture of the graduation girl!
GRADUATION DAY CAP SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Word Play (W#120308 $41.95, C#120651 $28.95), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370, $36.95), Love & Laughter (W#125475 $22.95, C#125477 $17.95)
- Card Stock – Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray, More Mustard, Real Red Textured
- Ink – Basic Black, Real Red
- Ribbon – Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (#109034, $4.95)
- Punches – Owl Builder (#118074, $16.95), Bird Builder (#117191, $16.95), Round Tab (#119864, $16.95 retiring-while supplies last), Lace Ribbon Punch (#122362, $14.96 on sale-retiring), 1" Square (#124094, $15.95),
- Accessories – Silver Brads (#104336, $6.95 retiring), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430, $3.95), Crystal Effects (#101055, $6.25)
- Tools – Paper Trimmer with cutting blade and scoring blades
1. Cut Basic Black Card Stock to 4-1/4" x 9-3/4". In the landscape position, score the card @ 5.5".
2. Place your card on your Stampin' Up! Grid with the fold at the left and the shorter front facing up.
3. On each side of the card, make a pencil mark 2-1/8" from the fold.
4. Turn the card over and repeat the pencil marks on each side.
5. Open the card up and mark the center point (2-1/8") of the top edge (short side) of the card.
6. With the scoring blade on your paper trimmer, or your Simple Scored Board, score diagonally from the upper left side pencil mark to the lower right side pencil mark.
7. Now score diagonally from the upper right pencil mark to the lower left pencil mark. This will form an X with the center on the fold line. Fold on the diagonal score lines.
8. With your paper trimmer, cut from the mark made earlier on the top edge of the card (short side) diagonally to the top of your right score line (2-1/8" as marked). Repeat on the other side. Erase any remaining pencil lines.
9. Fold the sides of the cap in towards the center. You are finished! Decorate as desired.
LOYALTY REWARDS - When you purchase $50 or more, you qualify for my Loyalty Rewards program! This Frequent Stamper program is my way of saying "thank you" to my returning customers in appreciation of their business and is in addition to other Stampin' Rewards. Earn FREE stamps with MarieStamps.com!