Under the focal piece is some of our elegant Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper cut with the new Paper Doily Die from the Occasions Mini Catalog. It's too bad it doesn't show much on this project. I will definitely be using it on other projects soon though! Since the Paper Doily is an intricate Sizzlits die, I find it is easiest to cut from Designer Series Paper rather than card stock. After cutting out (be sure to use a shim), gently roll the die cut around a marker. This will help many of the pieces to fall out. Any remaining pieces can be poked out with a paper piercer. This die does require a little more effort than others, but I think it's worth it! After the Paper Doily is finished, I spritzed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist . Here is a closeup, although even on that the shimmer mist doesn't show up very well in the picture.
Before embossing the background piece, I used the Color Spritzer with markers and then spritzed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist for additional texture. I went with a bow instead of a sentiment, so that the card would be suitable for any occasion. Enjoy!
Update: For those having difficulty with cutting the Paper Doily, I just wanted to reiterate some of my earlier points to help you.
PAPER DOILY DIE TIPS:
- Use Designer Series Paper rather than cardstock. It is just easier and you will save yourself a lot of frustration. Unless you enjoy that kind of thing. :D
- Use a shim as thick as you need for it to work. I use a thin piece of cardboard like the one that comes with our regular dies, but it will depend on your Big Shot. Some may only need a few sheets of computer paper or the plastic shim that comes with the Big Shot.
- After cutting, roll the die cut gently around a marker (kind of like a cigar) and many of the pieces will fall out.
- Yes, you will probably still have to poke out some of the smaller pieces with a paper piercer, but it will be much less than without these measures.
DAZZLING MOCHA DOILY SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Fresh Vintage (FREE with $50 purchase beginning Jan. 24)
- Card Stock – Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Mocha Morning Specialty DSP
- Ink – Crumb Cake Classic, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake Markers
- Ribbon – Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta (#122966, $6.95)
- Accessories – Basic Pearl Jewels Accents (#119247, $4.95), Basics Glimmer Brads (#121003, $4.95), Dazzling Details (#124117, $2.95), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430, $3.95), 2-Way Glue Pen, Shimmer Mist (70% alcohol, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Soft Suede Re-inker)
- Punches – 2-1/2" Circle (#120906, $16.95)
- Tools – Big Shot, Paper Doily Sizzlits Die (#125592, $21.95), Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (#119277, $7.95), Color Spritzer (#107066, $12.95), Paper Piercer
LOYALTY REWARDS - When you purchase $50 or more, you qualify for my Loyalty Rewards program! This Frequent Stamper program is my way of saying "thank you" to my returning customers in appreciation of their business. Earn FREE stamps with MarieStamps.com!
STAMPIN' REWARDS - Anytime you place a product order with me of $150 or more, you earn your choice of FREE Stampin' Up! products including hostess stamp sets. Check out my Stampin' Rewards page for full information on these two programs.