Wheels are perfect for using on these little boxes. It makes quick work of them - perfect when you are making lots of these for favors, etc. For this box, I chose to use the Whimsy Stampin' Wheel in a tone on tone color for a subtle look. It almost looks like bubbles being blown around the little girl from the Easter Blossoms set! The tag is made with the Matchbox Messages stamp set with a little punch art over the heart, so that it better matches the theme.
This time I opted to tie a taffeta bow around the 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to punch it up a bit since I went so simple on the box itself. Normally I would have used the Early Espresso since I had already stamped the little girl in that color (although in this picture she looks almost black, she isn't really), but I didn't realize I ran out, so I used the Chocolate Chip Ribbon (which is still available in my Clearance Rack for only $3.49). Hope you enjoy this little box!
A LITTLE SOMETHING SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Easter Blossoms (W#121905 $25.95, C#122057 $18.95), Matchbox Messages (#113800, $25.95), Whimsy Wheel (#109688, $8.50)
- Card Stock – Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
- Ink – Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso
- Ribbon – Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta (#109067, $6.95), Chocolate Chip 1-1/4" Grosgrain (Clearance Rack only #115617, $3.49)
- Punches – Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309, $16.95), 1-1/4" Circle (#119861, $15.95), 1-3/8" Circle (#119860, $15.95), Two-Step Bird (#117191, $16.95)
- Accessories – Basic Pearl Jewels Accents (#119247, $4.95)
- Tools – Crop-a-Dile (#108362, $29.95)
2-4-6-8 BOX DIRECTIONS:1. Cut card stock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2".
2. Using your paper trimmer with the scoring blade and the card stock in the landscape position, score lines at 2”, 4”, 6”, and 8”, leaving 1/2” for the flap. Turn the paper to the portrait position and score at 2”.
3. Cut on the vertical score lines from bottom edge up to the score line. Remove small corner piece as shown.
4. Stamp as desired. Using stamping wheels works wonderfully for a quick little gift.
5. Fold on all score lines.
6. Place Sticky Strip on side flap and on three of the bottom flaps. Adhere side flap behind opposite side, fold all bottom flaps in, keeping the UNTAPED bottom flap on the outside (last). Adhere all securely by rubbing your bone folder on the inside of the box bottom.
7. Punch hole in the center top of the front and back of the box with your Crop-a-Dile about ½” from the top edge. Pinch the front and back together with the sides folding inward. Thread ribbon through the punched holes - from the front through to the back. Pull to tighten, and tie your bow.
8. Stamp and/or embellish with additional card stock. Fill and enjoy giving!