Remember, that this is the LAST day to order retiring Last Chance products: Stamps, Definitely Decorative (Decor Elements) and Accessories. Please check them out in my Online Store under the Last Chance menu. It is also the last day to Join Stampin' Up! and my team for $99!
I had the Uncle Sam punch piece sitting on my desk for the last couple of weeks from when I was entertaining thoughts of using it for my July 4th BBQ invitations - until I realized I had to make more than 30! So I decided to use him and make yet another patriotic card for your Circle Slit Border tutorial. But I think this one's a keeper! For the main card front, I used the Silver Foil Smooch Spray on the Night of Navy front piece and scallop oval punch. It looks beautiful and shimmery - unfortunately I could not capture it's beauty with the camera. The sentiment is from the darling Red, White & Blue Wheel in the Summer Mini. There are so many areas of that stamp to highlight and I am sure getting a lot of bang for my back with this one. I just love it!
UNCLE SAM CIRCLE SLIT BORDER CARD SUPPLIES:
UNCLE SAM PUNCH DIRECTIONS:
- Hair - Punch one Scallop Circle from Whisper White.
- Face - Punch one 1-3/8" Circle from Blush Blossom.
- Eyes - Punch two 3/8" Circles from Whisper White and two from Ballet Blue with the Crop-a-Dile. Adhere offset with Mini Glue Dots.
- Nose - Punch one Small Heart from Blush Blossom. Cut in half and then cut the tip off the end. Sand to round any rough edges.
- Mustache - Punch a small portion of the Curly Label punch from Whisper White as shown in picture. Punch again above the first so that the resulting punch looks like the finished one pictured above. I used the longer side for mine, but you can use the short side for a shorter mustache. For the mouth below the mustache, use a small piece of a 1/2" Circle punched from Real Red.
- Goatee - Punch a very small portion of the 1-3/8" Circle Punch on the edge of Whisper White cardstock as pictured. Then use the Scallop Oval punch to punch above and around the Circle punch as shown.
- Hat - Punch one Word Window from Brilliant Blue. Punch 2 more from Real Red. Punch a 1-3/8" Square from Whisper White. When placing Red Word Window punches on Square one, trim off the excess.
- Star - Stamp the star from the July Fourth stamp set in Daffodil Delight. Punch out a section with the Star punch.
CIRCLE SLIT BORDER TECHNIQUE:
(click pictures to enlarge)
7. Decorate your card front as desired.