So since I'm tucked in I thought I would show you another project from my Holly Jolly Stamp Camp. It is a Present Gift Card Holder. I made a similar one last year, but never showed it on my blog. This time I did the inside differently. The FREE tutorial follows the recipe.
If you look at the two card holders in the picture below, you will see that one is taller than the other. They are both cut EXACTLY the same. The only difference is how high the present top is adhered on the back of the bottom (card base). The higher it is placed, the taller the present will be. I like the shorter one, but I wanted to show both options.
Both the Tag Til Christmas and Gifted stamp sets as well as the Jolly Holiday DSP are part of the Holiday Bundles sets that are 20% off through today only, so be sure to check them out!
PRESENT GIFT CARD HOLDER SUPPLIES:
- Stamp Sets – Tags til Christmas (W#120847, $30.95, C#121169 $22.95), Gifted (W#116982 $27.95, C#120480 $19.95), Tree Trimmings (#116722, $14.95), Seasonal Sentiments (W#120824 $15.95, C#121130 $11.95)
- Card Stock – Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White, Jolly Holiday DSP
- Ink – Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso Classic & Markers
- Punches – 1" Circle (#119868, $10.95), 1-1/4" Circle (#119861, $15.95), 1-3/4" x 7/8" (Large) Oval, (#119855, $15.95), 1-3/8" x 5/8" (Small) Oval (#119863, $15.95)
- Ribbon – 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (#120992, $6.95), Gold Elastic Cord (retired)
- Accessories – Glimmer Brights Brads (#121006, $4.95), Sticky Strip (#104294, $6.95), Velcro Dots (cut in half)
- Tools – Paper Piercer & Mat, Paper Trimmer/Scorer
- Cut card stock to 4" x 11". Score in the landscape position at 4", 5.5" and 7".
- Fold each score line as follows: Valley fold on the 4" score. Mountain fold on the 5.5" fold. Valley fold on the 7" score.
- Sticky strip the two undersides of the mountain fold together. Fold to form your 4" x 4" "present bottom" card base with the "flap" on the inside of you card.
- For the "present top", cut card stock to 3" x 4-1/4". In the portrait position, score at 1-1/2" and fold. Adhere the inside of the "top" to the upper back of the present "bottom" (fold is at the bottom of the card base) with Sticky Strip. As stated above, where you adhere the "top" determines how tall your present is.
- Apply DSP on the inside top, adjusting the height of the DSP to cover the entire top including the present top.
- Apply Sticky Strip to the short sides of the top side of the inside "flap" and adhere it up on the top inside to form the pocket for the gift card.
- To make the Bow Loops, punch a Small Oval Punch out of card stock. With the Large Oval Punch, punch around the Small Oval hole in the card stock. This results in one loop. Repeat four or five more times. Overlap the loops and glue together before adhering on the present "top.
- Stamp and embellish the rest of the gift card holder as shown.