TECHNIQUE THURSDAY, Sponging Landscapes & Faux Clouds...Tonight I had my Technique Thursday Class. We did two techniques this week, Sponged Landscapes and Faux Clouds. Next week we will do Faux Woodgrain. My ladies are eager to fill their Technique Books and learn the basics and more! :)
We did the two technique pages and then combined them for one card. We had two card options. One with the Sweet Center Cups and the other with a punch balloon top, so that they could put the card in their albums. This is the technique pages and the card for the album:
This is how we put them in the album (sorry - the pages sag when upright for photographing):
Here are pictures of the individual cards:
Up and Away Balloon and Sweet Center Cards:
- Stamps – Sweet Centers, Sock Monkey (sentiment)
- Card stock – Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
- Ink – Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Markers (Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black)
- Ribbon – Melon Mambo 1/2" Polka- Dot Grosgrain
- Accessories – Sweet Treat Cups, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Punches – Modern Label, Word Window, 1 3/4" Circle, Large Oval
- Punch five 1 3/4" circles. I used one of each of the colors used in my balloon basket.
- Layer them going from the outsides to the middle with the middle circle being on top. I did mine by putting color 2 (from left to right) on color 1, then color 4 on color 5. Then I put color 3 on top of color 2 and added the color 4/5 combo under the right side of color 3. Does that make sense???? Or have I confused you even further?
- Add a large oval punch to the middle of that top circle.
- Put Stampin' Dimensionals onto the back of your balloon and add to the card lining it up over your balloon basket stamp. I extended the middle lines of the basket up with a marker to get a "taller" look.
Coming up next Thursday is our Faux Woodgrain Technique. Don't miss out! Beginners are welcome and when you bring an adult friend to attend class with you, you get a FREE gift! Email me or check out the details on my Stampin' Up! Demo Events page.