Happy Valentine's Day!
Love is in the air today! I would like to wish my family, friends and customers all around the country a magical day filled with love. Know that you are loved and appreciated by me each and every day!
Since it is Thursday, I thought I would share a chalkboard card from my Technique Thursday class. I kept it very simple and focused on the technique. It is more of a "love" card since there is no mention of V-Day. That way it can be used for many occasions for someone you love–just add a sentiment appropriate for the occasion to the inside! A free mini tutorial for the chalkboard technique follows the supply list. Enjoy!
Each image is from a different stamp set. I have listed them all below in clockwise order beginning from the top sentiment "There's Only One You" from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog (FREE with a $50 purchase). Click HERE for more information!
LET'S CHALK LOVE! SUPPLY LIST:
- Stamp Sets – Vintage Verses (W#129633, C#29636 FREE with $50 purchase), Field Flowers (W#122760 $24.95, C#122762 $17.95), Hearts A Flutter (W#129249 $25.95, C#129252 $18.95), Loving Thoughts (W#125843 $29.95, C#125845 $23.95), Seasonal Sayings (W#128006 $22.95, C#128009 $16.95)
- Card Stock – Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Ink – VersaMark, Whisper White Craft
- Accessories – Watercolor Pencils (#101879, $19.95)
- Tools – Big Shot, Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430, $3.95)
- Stamp images with VersaMark ink on to black card stock and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Add “chalk dust” by using a sponge or soft cloth to pick up a little white craft ink from the pad and gently rub the card stock where you might naturally see eraser marks.
- Use a white colored pencil to add hand-drawn details like a border, lines, shadowing and fun doodles to the chalkboard.
- Optional: To add a realistic touch, stamp all of the sentiments again with white craft ink—shifting the design slightly to create a "shadow" effect. Allow to dry.
LOYALTY REWARDS - When you purchase $50 or more, you qualify for my Loyalty Rewards program! This Frequent Stamper program is my way of saying "thank you" to my returning customers in appreciation of their business and is in addition to other Stampin' Rewards. Earn FREE stamps with MarieStamps.com!