For Barbara, I suggest a "You're Invited" stamp like the one in the new Inviting (cute, cute font), Sincere Salutations or Wedding Sweet stamp sets or the adorable Party Here stamp from the new Party This Way set right where my watermark signature is. I left mine blank as I think I will use this for one of my nephews' birthday and will put the "look who's turning ( )" stamp from the On Your Birthday or Look Who's Turning stamp set there. Enjoy!
SHARK ATTACK INVITE SUPPLIES:
SHARK PUNCH ART DIRECTIONS:
- Sky: Use the Large Scallop Circle to punch out a cloud mask. Bray Bashful Blue over the entire card including the masked cloud.
- Sun: Punch one Scallop Circle from Daffodil Delight. Place on the sticky side of a post-it. Re punch the Scallop Circle again lining up the space between the scallops in the middle of the scallops already punched to result in a "zig zag" edge. Punch a 1-3/4" Circle. Distress each with More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie. Layer together and place on the edge of the card. Trim the sun along the card base edge.
- Ocean Waves: Alternate using 1/2" and 3/4" Circle Punches and punch approximately one half of the punch on the edge of the Marina Mist cardstock. Sponge the wave edge with Whisper White Craft Ink. Do this to two layers and when cutting down to fit the cards, offset the two layers.
- Shark Tail Fin: Two petals cut from a 5-Petal Punch from Basic Gray.
- Shark Back (Top) Fin: Large Oval (1-3/4" x 7/8") from Basic Gray, cut as shown and sanded with a sanding block.
- Shark Body: One Large Oval from Basic Gray.
- Shark Head: One Wide Oval (2" x 1-3/8") from Basic Gray. Glue wiggle eyes wide set with Crystal Effects. See the first picture above on how to adhere the body together (looks strange that way but much of the head will be below the water) before adhering to the card below the waves. After the body is put together, distress the outline of the entire body with Basic Gray. The Jaws will be adhered after the card is finished.
- Shark Jaws: One Wide Oval from Whisper White, one half of a Wide Oval from Basic Gray and one Large Oval from Basic Black. Gray half Wide Oval goes on the back of one half of the Whisper White Wide Oval. On the opposite side, adhere the Basic Black Large Oval. Draw shark's teeth with White Signo Gel Pen. Fold the Jaw in half. Glue only the folded edge to the head with Multi glue so that the jaws open independently. See the close-ups above. Click pictures to enlarge.